Welcome to the Radishweb!
…and in our Fair Trade Shops…
On Sunday 17th August, Leeds Oxfam Group is organising a sponsored Abseil from the iconic Parkinson Building at Leeds University for one or more of the following - (a) an adrenaline rush, (b) conquering your fear of heights, (c) Lifting Lives for Good. If any of these appeal to you, then join them for an amazing experience! If you have children over 12, you can even make it a fun family outing! All details here when you click JOIN TEAM : https://fundraiseforoxfam.everydayhero.com/uk/team-leeds-oxfam-abseil
Events with Radish
Join Radish next weekend for a day of Dr. Who Trivia on Saturday with Mark Wright at Garforth Library, 2-3 pm followed by Steve Cole at the next day at Horsforth Library with his new book "Aliens Stink"! Book here: http://www.leeds.gov.uk/leisure/Pages/Garforth-library-and-one-stop-centre.aspx
- New biochemical techniques could transform land usage
- Why corporate stewardship makes good business sense
- Disruptive business models shake-up existing markets
- SMEs are making strides toward sustainable sourcing
- Interactive bugs put the spotlight on e-waste
- More species shift lifestyle and location in response to climate change
- Green Party calls on international community to protect human rights in the Middle East
- General Election 2015: Greens polling at highest numbers since 1989
- Gaza Crisis: 'We Cannot Allow This Cycle of Violence to Continue'
- Green MP Caroline Lucas:"We need an urgent arms embargo on Israel now"
- Pride 2014 The World’s a Disco ...but not if you are gay in the 78 countries where homosexuality is illegal
- Greens says unemployed should not have to wait five weeks for help